Thursday, August 21, 2014

Round Robin #6 Hand Drawn Flower

The centre of this quilt is a hand drawn picture.  This one gave me an opportunity to make my first ever purchase of quilt fabric, and enjoy the creative experience of laying a project out in a shop full of delicious fabric and play.  Planned to get two pieces of purple, but as it turned out bought three pieces - I think it often goes like that!

Arrived complete to the green sash.  I have added purple bands top and bottom, and a black and white sash around.  It is nearly single bed sized.  On it goes for the next step . . .
Meanwhile I have been clearing out ready to go to the Fabric-A-Brac this Saturday.  It has been a wonderful journey to find fabric purchased long long ago, and I hope it will find homes in new hands with refreshing new energy and ideas.  In the final measure and label there were several things I did re-consider, but decided to leave it in the lap of the gods, if no one wants it then it will come home with me again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment