Thursday, January 8, 2015

Something for the pyjama drawer.

Yesterday I sewed up a couple of pairs of PJ pants.  Surprised myself how quickly they came together.  I used a Vogue pattern from my collection, 7054, and I have made these pants before.  Two pieces so really easy to make.
First pair in stripe, a piece of fabric from my cupboard, and it was completely used up on these pants - perfect.


Second pair I made from a recycled table cloth, also in my cupboard.  I am working on a quilt with table cloths, but this fabric was slightly off theme, yet perfect for a pair of pants, as the fabric is very soft.


I think I will call them my bush wren pants, as there sport a kiwi and a bush wren.  They also have an eclectic mix of Provincial New Zealand Buildings, including the Canterbury Cathedral, and Rotorua Rotunda. Sort of kitsch Kiwiana I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment