Saturday, September 7, 2013

# 13 (Half way there)

Butterick 6247

Texture weave to knit fabric - in green!
Last weekend I took and pile of fabric around to my friend Suzanne's house for a bit of pinning and planning.  She is a sewer extraordinaire, very productive in her output of finished ready to wear projects - perfect person for this task.  Home I returned with a plan for all the pieces of fabric in the bag, and the work began.

A couple of alterations have seen garments move back into the working wardrobe!  Two previously made, but never really worn garments have been unpicked ready for adjustments.

This top is a Butterick Pattern 6247 which I bought second hand once.  It makes a raglan sleeve knit top which is very easy.  I have rouched the sleeves a little.  The knit fabric is quite fine, handy extra (under) layer - in my favourite colour too!  (Actually I am  little alarmed to discover how many green clothes I own!!)

This project hits the half way mark so I'm feeling quite chuffed with how it is all going.  Unfortunately the reality is one piece of knit fabric does not an empty wardrobe make!  I have one 10 year old who is rather hoping his mother will one day clear out all her 'stuff' from his room!  But from little things big things grow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment