Monday, December 6, 2021

Nikau Dress by Sewing Revival

 This is another pattern by Kiwi designer Sewing Revival. Easy to sew, and also easy to wear.



I made size M and added to 5cm the length - usually necessary as I am 5'9" (at least I was, and still identify with this height!).

The fabric was purchased in Tokyo 2019, a light weight linen. This is a simple dress. There were two belt version, one wider but I went for the narrow one. I think the wider would be more of a feature. On the reverse of my belt I used another Japanese linen for a little twist of contrast.

The instructions and construction are fairly straight forward. Will I make it again? Not sure. The neckline is not a favourite, but I realise now I could hack this too, although to what I am not sure. I would recommend this pattern though for a simple summer make.

(Excuse the lock-down hair, 4 months since last haircut, 9 days to go til hairdresser appointment!)

Claire 

2021


No comments:

Post a Comment