Saturday, October 22, 2022

Trigg Shorts



In this my 3rd year of more sewing, I ventured into making shorts for my 20 something son. He is a tall unit and I figured I would give Mum-made-shorts, made to hopefully fit, a try. The sewing would be straight forward, but how would they be received? Well it turned out.

I chose the Trigg shorts pattern, by Perth based Elbe Textiles. Elastic waisted shorts, so I imagine there are loads of pattern options, but there were good reviews, and I liked Lauren's story.

#1 pair was in a grey stretch demin, which felt a little bit heavy as I sewed them. In consultation there was some contrast top stitching.




I did get feedback that the fabric softened up in wear and washing. And a request for deeper pockets please for the phone.

 #2 and #3 are now completed ready for Christmas. This time the fabric feels slightly lightweight but I hope these will work for summer. I have made deeper front pockets, but as I write this it suddenly occurs to me perhaps the request was for deeper back pockets? I guess that I can redo those if needed. Pictured here, still waiting for the cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment