Monday, November 4, 2013

#18


Two weeks away, and much to stimulate the senses in terms of new experiences, new countries to visit, precious time away from everyday routines, and children  . . .  and accordingly, little time or inclination to craft.  However forward planning with wooden needles - in case I should knit on the long plane flight, which in the end I did not - and a couple of train trips and I did complete another square.  So entwined in this one will be the memories of knitting on the TGV going from Paris to Reims.

This project of completed works is an exercise in observing how I work.  I understand that my own creative practice needs space away from other stimulation, like cathedrals, crowds and castles, parks, galleries and museums.  Yet those outside events, away from everyday life, inspire and seed new ideas.  So there should ideally be a balance of both - makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment