Thursday, November 7, 2013

#19



I am cherishing this whole project as it is opening up all sorts of possibilities for me.  Lots of ideas which previously remained just that, now seem to have more real potential, as though I can really expect to make these things, really.

This project was just that sort of thing.  For ages I have had these amber beads, bought my my mother on her OE in Aiden in 1960.  I do not recall seeing them as a necklace, they were always in her bead drawer.  I had an earlier attempt at a necklace incorporating them which did not work.  This week I achieved something I was happier with.  Also it has a nice re-cycling twist.  I incorporated beads from a necklace I bought recently, to good effect I think.   Plus, I made this surrounding by some crafting girlfriends, who were able to provide much valued input in the order of the colours!

So I am on the home straight to my 26 completed works - only 6 to go.  And I anticipate this will be an easy half dozen with a few Christmas gift ideas, as well as the materials to make them already in the stash!!

No comments:

Post a Comment