Monday, November 18, 2013

# 20

Something a little different this time.  I suspect there are those who would argue that assembling a new light shade from Ikea might not fit the criteria here, but it works for me!
Our old lamp shade has wonderful history so I was reluctant to let it go.  My friend Karen gave me an IQ kit she had found at an op shop.  It had no instructions that were useful, so I tucked it away.  Then roll forward a year of so and my clever friend Maitland assembled it after dinner here one Saturday night.
But the plastic was discoloured and the top of the shade which was not over strong to begin with was beginning to sag!

So there was an element of history repeating last night when I got the next kit out of the laundry cupboard where it ad been for at least a year, and assembled it.  Far easier that the last one, and not in the company of wonderful friends, but it is up.


6 projects to go now before the end of the year. The main challenge now is the weather - it is so beautiful that the call to be outside is a strong one.  And being in the garden does answer the creative need too.  But Christmas approaches, and I am determined to keep up this momentum for a bit more until some more of the WIPs are finally complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment